Thursday, December 30, 2010

ACID KING INNERVIEW PART 1

I'VE BEEN FOLLOWING LORI'S MUSIC SINCE 89-90.SHE WAS THERE AT THE START OF THE "SABBATH" REVIVAL.ONLY A FEW BANDS WERE DOIN IT AT THE TIME. WHEN THE FIRST MELVINS "GLUEY PORCH TREATMENTS" CAME OUT I WAS BLOWN AWAY. I HAD BEEN LISTENING TO DEATH METAL STUFF FOREVER AND WAS REAL INTO THE SLOWED DOWN HEAVY PARTS,I'D WAIT THRU EACH SONG,UNTIL THE SLOW RIFFS CAME IN. THE MELVINS ALBUM WAS ALL THE SLOW PARTS I'D BEEN LOOKING FOR IN ONE ALBUM. I WAS LIVING IN AUSTIN TEXAS AND ONE DAY CAME ACROSS THE FIRST "BHANG REVIVAL" 7 INCH,LORI'S SECOND BAND,I WAS HOOKED. IT WAS MANY YEARS LATER THAT LORI'S BAND "ACID KING' CAME ACROSS MY RADAR,AGAIN BRINGING ME OUT OF THE DEATH METAL PHASE. I WAS STOKED TO SLOW IT DOWN AND MELLOW THE FUCK OUT!
SO,WHERE ARE YOU FROM AND WHAT GOT YOU INTO PLAYING GUITAR? lori-i'm from chicago,bhang revival was a band i was in from 85-92,we had 3 7" releases and toured the west coast twice on self-booked tours. the last tour wasin 91,and was the deciding factor to move to san fran and start ACID KING.
lori- as far as getting into playing music,my ex Eric B(LIFE SENTENCE) helped me out,he showed me the major and minor chords and then i jumped right in and started a band called the "GROSS NATIONAL PRODUCT" we barely knew how to play,but fuck it we did shows and got into the scene. i really just wanted to be involved and contributing to what was goin on around me.
WHAT BANDS AT THE TIME WERE INFLUENCIAL TO YOU? WHAT WERE YOU LISTENING TO? lori-back in the day it was Trouble,Melvins,Screaming Trees,Sylvia Juncosa,and most SUB-POP stuff.
YEA,SUB-POP WAS KILLIN IT BACK THEN,AND THE MELVINS AND TROUBLE WERE KEEPIN THE "SABBATH" APPRECIATION SOCIETY ALIVE. WHAT DO YOU PLAY OUT OF? HOW BOUT YER GUITARS? lori-a jcm 800,100 watt head (marshall) and two 4 by 12 marshall cabinets. as far as guitars go i have a 1973 gibson les paul and a 1973 melody maker. i've had the melody maker since 84 and the les paul since 94.
BRAND LOYALTY IS BIG WITH BIKERS,I SEE YOU PLAY WITH AMERICAN BRANDS,IS THIS IMPORTANT TO YOU? lori-this set-up is what sounds good to me. i'm loyal to what i like and sounds good!!

EARLY ACID KING ALBUM.

BHANG REVIVAL 7 INCH,lori-cover art by Guy Aichison( insane tattoo legend,also very influencial in my life during the mid to late 80's!!

GROSS NATIONAL PRODUCT, john vaglica-Bass lori peter-drums lori s-guitar eric b-vocals


BHANG REVIVAL 7" art by "thee" guy aichison. NEXT TIME WE'LL GET MORE INTO ACID KING AND LORI'S BIKES. YES! SHE RIDES!!
ZACDOOM



No comments:

Post a Comment